news: Tag: fruits de mer
Dr Sardonicus’s Winters Dream Psychedelic Festival IV
We’ll be playing on Saturday 26th February at 8.30 as part of Dr Sardonicus’s Winters Dream Psychedelic Festival IV!
**We’re replacing the brilliant Elfin Bow so poster might have not been amended everywhere but we’re definitely part of the bill!**
Brilliant line-up in the hottest place on earth (which might be ideal at this time of the year!
Head Rush (new compilation from Fruits de Mer Records!)
New Motorik from Fruits de Mer Records, featuring Moon Goose among lots of very tasteful artists.
‘Head Rush’ – a 3LP+CD collection of tracks that show the continuing influence of bands such as Can, Neu!, Harmonia and Kraftwerk, and the ‘motorik beat’ that was pivotal to some of the most enduring recordings to come out of Germany in the early seventies.
1. Giacomo & Carolina – Sunrise, Part 7 (5:05)
2. Silver Vials – Follow The Sun (6:05)
3. Das Blaue Palais – Zeitfeld (Dusseldorf Motorik Mix) (8:11)
4. The Love Explosion – Anarchy! (3:58)
5. David Oakes – The Sahara (2020 Remix) (5:04)
6. Sonic Trip Project – Getaway (11:10)
1. Moon Goose – Shiny Man (5:41)
2. Oslo Tapes – Obsession Is The Mother Of All (5:54)
3. Jay Tausig – Ecstatic Engines (8:42)
4. Son Of Ohm – Telefunken Baby (12:52)
5. Alber Jupiter – Martine A La Plage (7:15)
1. The Lost Stoned Pandas – Motorik Wah Nine (10:16)
2. Motor!k – Tyrants (10:28)
3. Culto Al Qondor – Ei (12:19)
4. Psychic Lemon – Jam 7 (7:01)
1. Taras Bulba – Vuh Part 1 (3:56)
2. Vince Cory – 69 Wheeler (7:53)
3. Psychic Lemon – Jam 5 (8:26)
4. Audio Cologne Project – Grobmotorik (6:51)
5. Taras Bulba – Vuh Part 2 (5:15)
6. Icarus Peel – Der Wald (14:14)
7. The Legendary Flower Punk – Watussi Live (30:25)
Three LPs of motorik-tinged or drenched music, together with a bonus CD
Superb review on keysandchords.com: http://www.keysandchords.com/album-review-blog/fruits-de-mer-records-head-rush
Live Summer Dates!
Still undecided on the appropriate facial hairstyle but ready to rock!! Come and party with us!
13th July: SURPLUS FESTIVAL (Welsh Border)
18th July: LATITUDE FESTIVAL (Suffolk)
3rd August: THE 17TH DREAM OF DR. SARDONICUS FESTIVAL (Cardigan, Wales)
We’ll also bring Vinyls, CDs and feathers!
Music: Joey gets a candle (Swayze Meld) from our debut album Source Code.
#moustache #feather #spacerock #psych #live #space #distorted #kraut #fruitsdemerrecords #latitude #surplus
Source Code Vinyls back in stock!
This one is still in the nest and could be flying to you soon if you want it!
This new pressing of our debut album Source Code, published by the mighty Fruits de Mer Records features a nice inlay designed just for this version. We only have 61 of those for now so if you missed the first batch, don’t wait too much this time.
The holistic Tale of Moon Goose and Fruits de Mer Records
Our association with Fruits de Mer Records was meant to be and the story goes beyond our own experience. In a world of random brief digital encounters and fast turnaround, we found out that by a strange twist of fate, geese have been associated with crustaceans (fruits de mer in french) for centuries.
In the middle age, before people knew about birds migration, the common belief was that the Barnacle Goose developed from, well, the Goose Barnacle since they were never seen to nest in Europe.
** It was assumed that the bird were attached to branches before falling in the water. **
The barnacle myth can be dated back to at least the 12th century. The archdeacon of Brecon (15 miles from Hay-on-Wye), Gerald of Wales, claimed to have seen these birds hanging down from pieces of timber, in his Topographia Hiberniae. William Turner accepted the theory, and John Gerard claimed to have seen the birds emerging from their shells.
The myth lasted until the end of 18th Century.
Weird, right? ?
It all seems logical then that we would release our debut album through Fruits de Mer Records!
Also, we’ve got CDs and more vinyls (70, black) coming soon!