news: Category: Reviews
Head Rush (new compilation from Fruits de Mer Records!)
New Motorik from Fruits de Mer Records, featuring Moon Goose among lots of very tasteful artists.
‘Head Rush’ – a 3LP+CD collection of tracks that show the continuing influence of bands such as Can, Neu!, Harmonia and Kraftwerk, and the ‘motorik beat’ that was pivotal to some of the most enduring recordings to come out of Germany in the early seventies.
1. Giacomo & Carolina – Sunrise, Part 7 (5:05)
2. Silver Vials – Follow The Sun (6:05)
3. Das Blaue Palais – Zeitfeld (Dusseldorf Motorik Mix) (8:11)
4. The Love Explosion – Anarchy! (3:58)
5. David Oakes – The Sahara (2020 Remix) (5:04)
6. Sonic Trip Project – Getaway (11:10)
1. Moon Goose – Shiny Man (5:41)
2. Oslo Tapes – Obsession Is The Mother Of All (5:54)
3. Jay Tausig – Ecstatic Engines (8:42)
4. Son Of Ohm – Telefunken Baby (12:52)
5. Alber Jupiter – Martine A La Plage (7:15)
1. The Lost Stoned Pandas – Motorik Wah Nine (10:16)
2. Motor!k – Tyrants (10:28)
3. Culto Al Qondor – Ei (12:19)
4. Psychic Lemon – Jam 7 (7:01)
1. Taras Bulba – Vuh Part 1 (3:56)
2. Vince Cory – 69 Wheeler (7:53)
3. Psychic Lemon – Jam 5 (8:26)
4. Audio Cologne Project – Grobmotorik (6:51)
5. Taras Bulba – Vuh Part 2 (5:15)
6. Icarus Peel – Der Wald (14:14)
7. The Legendary Flower Punk – Watussi Live (30:25)
Three LPs of motorik-tinged or drenched music, together with a bonus CD
Superb review on keysandchords.com: http://www.keysandchords.com/album-review-blog/fruits-de-mer-records-head-rush
Source Code review by Bliss Aquamarine
“An innovative album that may well appeal to fans of post-rock, spacerock, psych-folk and even metal, without strictly being any of those things itself.”
Great review, and a nice touch for mentioning animal noises on ‘Fist fight at the Bingo’.
No animals were harmed during the recording of this album. (it’s just us howling)
Read the review on blissaquamarine.net (scroll to the bottom of the page)
Source Code Review on Blurt
Very nice review from blurtonline.com:
“Succinct, melodic, and tighter than a nun’s ass”
“It’s rare these days for a record to stun me upon first listen, but that’s exactly what happened with Moon Goose’s debut album.”
You can enjoy the rest here:
Source Code is available for pre-order on Bandcamp
Prog Magazine Review!
“A Sky-scraping double album that relentlessly takes the guitar instrumental format intro fresh anarchic orbits.”
Our upcoming album Source Code has been featured in this month’s Prog Magazine and described as “if early Iron Butterfly collided with Hawkwind in a Martian Motorway Café” ! How cool is that?
We also have Knifeless Skinning on the Cd that goes with the magazine!
Pictured below: Moon Goose reading Prog Magazine.
Source Code review on Carry’s new Underground Music
Another review of our upcoming album just dropped in and this time it’s in Dutch. 🙂
You can read all about the album on Carry’s new Underground Music Blog
“Source Code” van Moon Goose staat vol swingende uptempo nummers, die diverse invloeden bevatten, waarmee de band me van begin tot einde heeft weten te boeien en ik kan iedere liefhebber van dance, rock en spacerock deze 2LP dan ook van harte aanraden.” (“Source Code” from Moon Goose is full of swinging up-tempo songs, with various influences. The band has fascinated me from start to finish and I can therefore heartily recommend this 2LP to every fan of dance, rock and space rock.)